On June 1st 2013 the Todmorden Food Drop-In first opened, and we continue to provide food for around 80 to 100 people each week. We are open at Todmorden College from 10 a.m. – 12 noon each Saturday.
Our aim is to:
- provide 3 days emergency food aid for people in crisis who cannot afford to buy food
- to provide hot drinks and food at the time we are open
- to collect donations of food, other items and money from individuals, charities, and businesses
- to offer advice and support, including signposting to other agencies who can help
- to gather (anonymously) information about the people using the Food Drop-In so we can campaign and highlight the issues of poverty and deprivation in the area.
If you are struggling to feed yourself or your family, come to the Food Drop-in.
Why not volunteer? The Food Drop-in will always welcome new volunteers to help distribute food on Saturday. Alternatively you can help split the food into individual portions or help with other tasks, e.g. fundraising, food collection. To find out more, see our website at www.todfooddropin.org , or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us on Facebook.
We get donations of food from churches, individuals, and organisations and we also do regular supermarket shops. All non-perishable goods and toiletries are welcome. For further information on what is needed, or on collection points for items, please email us.